Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I wonder who it is I am meant to be.

I close my eyes and see the branches of a tree as paths. I see nerve systems stretching out. I see a root system, and feel compelled to choose just one single strand. But I cannot foresee which branches go where. Which nerves end sooner than the others.
Then I wonder, what if I am not a single branch, but a trunk? What if I am not a solitary nerve, but a brain. What if I am not one root, but a flower.

We graduate from high school, and our relatives, friends and acquaintances all come to us with the same question; "What are you going to do?"

I am a writer. An artist. A gardener. A cook. A teacher. A traveler. A lover.

How can I tell you what I will do? To do so would be to tempt fate. To limit myself. To limit God. When he is finished with me, I will not be able to count the names I will carry.
Destiny is something greater than our plans. My hope is greater than my logic, which I am thankful for because I've never had much logic to begin with.

I cannot tell you. Because I do not know.
I do know that all the paths, every branch, nerve and root, they make us stronger.

1 comment:

Deb said...

*LIKE*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!